Saturday, October 22, 2011

Golden Joystick 2011 - Really League of Legends?! W.T.F?!

Ok I'm not going to rant and rave in the blog as I'm sure I will get flamed to Hell and watch myself fall into the underworld where Hello Kitty and Pengu rule the nether regions and allow for great gameplay and cinematic cutscenes with full voice over options....

But really WTF were the voters even slightly thinking at the Golden Joystick award this year!

Or should I put it into a language someone other then me will understand...

< Query: Do all forms of meatbags vote on the premise of a self deprecating relationship with other cybernetic lifeforms such as those found on the internet?>

< Statement: Absolutely Master>

With that said here are the results from the Golden Joystick Awards - now to be dubbed as the Golden Sh*t Stick Awards:


The One To Watch
Winner: Call of Duty: Black Ops
Runners Up: Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: The Old Republic
Online Game Of The Year
Winner: League of Legends
Runners Up: Aion: The Tower Of Eternity, Farmville

I know many of you are looking at the obvious ToR - but I'm look at the Second Column, how in God's name did FARMVILLE get a Runner Up in"Online Game of the Year" right next to Aion?! Who the Hell does the voting - everyone who works at Facebook?! I mean seriously, if only Zuck-Gee would have gotten all those homies together that he had during the making of the "Social Network" maybe Farmville could have won First Prize - a nice shiny golden dildo. Just what Mark needs - something to sit on while he is selling all of your private information to large scale corporations for BILLIONS of dollars all the while you sit at home and harvest your virtual crop of strawberries.

I'm not even going to talk about "The One to Watch Column" cause honestly (and this may see like a shock to everyone) - I truly feel Battlefield 3 should have gotten First Place in that category. I had to fall back to my roots on that one. I'm an FPS fan through and through and a huge fan of the Battlefield series of games dating back to the first one I played - 1942. So I feel like the really had gotten the short end of the "Joystick" as it were.

I know many of you probably were expecting a little more "flare" out of me in this one and a little more "ZOMG SW:ToR" but, sadly I'm kind of glad that an FPS took home the gold. Hope to catch you all on the flip on the next installment.

ShadowViper logging out.

/logoff

------------------------------------------
Source: The Golden Joystick
http://www.goldenjoystick.com/awards/about

No comments:

Post a Comment